Conducting and managing internal and external audits has typically taken a back seat to other Quality Management System (QMS) processes such as CAPA, Non-Conformances, and Complaint Handling. However, this important aspect of your quality system should not continue to be pushed to the end of the EQMS implementation timeline just because auditors can “do their work on spreadsheets”.
In this recorded webinar you'll get an overview of the elements that make up a best practice audit management system. You'll also see an implementation-ready (and fully configurable) best practice Audit Management system that includes audit schedules, audit tasks, audit checklists, identifications of scope and applicable questions, the documentation of observations and findings, as well as the ongoing management of responses to those observations and all resulting corrective actions.
- The characteristics of an effective Audit Management System
- Workflow process and elements of an Audit Management System
- Executing Off-network and Off-line audits
- Integration to other QMS processes
- Demonstration of a Best Practice Audit Management Process